Schuler Law Office
HOW A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY HELPS INDIVIDUALS LIKE YOU!
Personal injury applies to a claim where an individual is hurt from negligence, recklessness, or an intentional act by someone else. Majority of personal injury claims in Louisville stem from negligence – the failure to exercise reasonable care. We at Schuler Law Office have years of experience investigating personal injury claims. A personal injury attorney in Kentucky understands state law associated with negligenceand personal injury claims.
A personal injury claim can include car accidents, defective products, or premises liability such as slip and falls. In a car accident, if an individual rear-ends a stopped vehicle, this shows negligence by the driver who failed to stop. Kentucky state law requires an investigation to determine whether or not negligence is responsible for an injury.
What Must a Personal Injury Attorney Show in Order to Be Successful?
During a negligence claim, the plaintiff must demonstrate many things including:
- Duty: Show the defendant owed the plaintiff some type of care.
- Breach of Duty: Show that the defendant failed to meet that required duty.
- Proximate Cause: Show the defendant’s failure caused the injury.
- Cause in Fact: Show that if not for the defendant’s failure, the plaintiff wouldn’t be hurt.
- Damages: The plaintiff has been injured and suffered a loss or losses.
Contact a Louisville Personal Injury Lawyer for Help
If you were harmed as a result of someone else, whether it was from a slip and fall accident, car accident, or from a defective product; a personal injury attorney in Kentucky at Schuler Law Office can help you today.